-Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 30th Nov 2015
(Dahi Karhi, Curd Cury)
- Beaten Curd - 2 cups (should be little bit sour for best results)
- Besan (gram flour) - 1 tbsp (this is added to prevent the curdling of the curd)
- Turmeric Powder - a pinch
- Garlic - 4-5 cloves
- Ginger - 1 small piece
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Coriander Leaves - handful (finely chopped)
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Dry Red Chilly - 1 (broken into pieces)
- Green chilies - 2 (chopped)
- Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- In a bowl, take the beaten curd, turmeric powder, salt, sugar and mix well.
- Mix the gram flour with little water and add to the beaten curd mix.
- Crush the ginger and garlic cloves.
- In a kadai, pour oil, when it becomes hot, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When it splutters, add the dry red chilly, green chillies, asafetida and curry leaves.
- Add the crushed ginger and garlic. Saute for a minute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add little water, then add the curd mix in it.
- Bring to a boil and switch off.
- Garnish with fresh green coriander leaves and black pepper powder.
- You can mix left over vadas broken into pieces, pakodas in it. It becomes pakoda/vada khadi.
More Recipes with Dahi (Curd/Yogurt)