- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 08-27-2012
This is made with red pumpin, long green chowli, red dried chowli with coconut milk and with little coconut oil.
1/4 kg Red pumpkin sliced
2-3 Green chilly
1 cup Thick coconut milk
3-4 Long green chowli
3 tbsp Red chowli (soaked in water overnight)
2 tsp Coconut oil
1. Cook the sliced pumpkin, green chowly, green chilly with salt.
2. Pressure cook the red chowli with little salt in cooker for one whistle.
3. When the pumpkin is cooked, add the red chowli in it and mix well. Boil for a minute.
4. Add the coconut milk, coconut oil and remove from gas. After adding coconut milk do not boil.
5. It is an accompaniment for sambar typically made during sadya (feast).