- recipe by Dahlia submitted on 25th Nov 2013
Curd - 1 cup (You can use home made curd or store bought plain yoghurt)
Onion - 1 big (or 2 small)
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Finely chopped cilantro (coriander leaves) - 1-2 tsp
Black Salt - to taste
Roasted cumin powder - a pinch
Pepper powder - a pinch
Red Chilly powder - a pinch
Sugar - a pinch
1. Remove the skin of the onion and chop it. You can thinly slice it or chop it finely.
2. Take the yoghurt in a mixing bowl and beat it until it becomes smooth and creamy.
3. Mix in the chopped onion along with salt and coriander leaves.
4. Add the seasoning ingredients as per your taste.
5. Mix it well and serve.
- All the ingredients under 'Seasoning' can be added according to individual taste. You can skip or add depending on your personal preference. In my place, we prefer to add the seasoning when I make onion raita for parathas. However when I make raita for biryani, I prefer to keep it plain with just a little salt.
Other Raita Recipes