- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 08-28-2012
Raw nentrankaya - 1 no
Jaggery - 1/3 cup
Dry ginger powder - 1/2 tsp
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Powdered sugar - 2 tbsp
1. Peel the banana and cut into two parts. Then cut into less than 1/4 " size pieces.
2. Fry the same in hot oil till it is very crispy. (Ensure that it is cooked inside also otherwise the sarkaravaratti upperi will be soft). Allow to cool
3. In the meantime, in a vok, add the jaggery, little water and melt it. Remove impurities,if any.
4. Heat the same again till you get a two thread consistency.
5. Add the dry ginger powder, cardamom powder mix well.
6. Then add the crispy chips and mix well. Allow to cool
7. Sprinkle powdered sugar and mix well again. You will get crispy jaggery upperi.