- recipe by Elizabeth submitted on 02-24-2008
Rice flour - 1 cup
Wheat flour - 2 tblsp
Ripened Banana - 2 or 3
Brown sugar - 1/2 cup
cardomom powder - 3/4 tsp
Baking Powder - 1/4 tsp
Toasted sesame seeds- 2 tsp
1. Blend the banana nicely using a blender or mixie.
2. Add rice flour , wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cardamom and blend it together. Add the sesame seeds to batter.
3. The consistency of the batter should be little thicker than the idli batter.
4. Heat the paniyaram griddle(puffed pancake griddle-made of cast Iron).
5. Add few drops of oil to each hole and pour the batter.
6. When the edges turns golden brown flip it,so that the other side will cook.
7. Allow it to cook on medium heat for another couple of minutes. If the heat is too high, the outside will get browned up too fast before the inside is cooked.
8. When the unniappam is done, it is like a ball and comes out easily from the griddle. Yummy unniappam is ready to serve.