-submitted by Dahlia on 11-18-2007
This quick stir fry recipe makes an instant salad that can be had as a healthy dinner for those who are on diet. It can also be had as a side dish with any roti varities, burger or with rice. The same recipe can be used for different vegetables like beans, zucchini, broccoli, asparagus etc.
Asparagus - 1 lb
Broccolli florets - 1/2 cup
Pepper - 1 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Shallot Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Oil - 2 tblsp
Lemon Juice - from 1 lemon (2 tblsp)
1. Break the woody ends from the bottom of the asparagus and discard. Next cut it into 1 inch pieces.
2. In a small bowl, combine papper, garam masala, salt, ginger garlic paste and little oil.
3. Add the broccolli florets and asparagus pieces to this bowl and toss well to coat the masala very well on the veggies.
4. In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the chopped onion and fry for 2 minutes.
5. Next add the veggies and stir-fry for 5 minutes on medium-high flame. Switch off when the veggies are still crunchy.
6. Add the lemon juice and toss. Serve as a salad or as a sidedish.
- The same recipe can be done with asparagus alone or broccoli alone. Other vegetables that can be used are beans, zucchini, cauliflower etc.