- recipe by Rani submitted on 04-07-2009
- Ripened Large bananas - 3 or 4
- All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
- White sugar - 1/2 cup
- Egg -1
- Melted margarine or butter -1/3 cup
- Baking soda - 1tsp
- Baking powder - 1tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla -1tsp
- Cinnamon powder -1/4 tsp
- Unsweetened apple sauce - 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange paper cups into the muffin tray or apply cooking spray in the muffin trays. Keep this aside.
- Take a mixing bowl and add the chopped bananas, sugar, egg, applesauce and vanilla extract. Blend it together using a hand blender to smooth mixture.
- Add melted butter or margarine to this batter. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour.
- Now mix wet and dry ingredients all together, being careful not to over-stir!(Just mix till it is well incorporated)
- Pour the batter into greased muffin tins or paper muffin cups until it is almost to the top of the cups. Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Leave the tray to cool down for 10 mins.
- Enjoy moist banana muffins! The above measurement makes 10-14 muffins depending on the size of your muffin cups.
- More ripened the bananaa are, the more the muffins will be moist.
- Do not over stir the final batter, which will activate the gluten in the flour and make muffin harder.
- You can also add chocolate chips and favorite nuts in the batter.