- Submitted by Rani on 7th Apr 2009
(Banana Muffin, Banana Bread)
- Ripened Large bananas - 3 or 4 (mashed)
- Wheat Flour - 1 cup
- All purpose flour - 1/2 cups
- White sugar - 1/2 cup
- Egg -1
- Melted margarine or Butter or Olive Oil -1/3 cup
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla -1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder -1/4 tsp
- Unsweetened apple sauce - 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange paper cups into the muffin tray or apply cooking spray in the muffin trays. Keep this aside.
- Take a mixing bowl and add the mashed bananas, sugar, eggs, applesauce (if using) and vanilla extract. Blend it together using a hand blender to smooth mixture.
- Add melted butter (or margarine or olive oil) to this batter. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour.
- Now mix wet and dry ingredients all together, being careful not to over-stir! (Just mix till it is well incorporated)
- Pour the batter into greased muffin tins or paper muffin cups until it is almost to the top of the cups. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
- Leave the tray to cool down for 10 mins.
- Enjoy moist banana muffins! The above measurement makes 10-14 muffins depending on the size of your muffin cups.
- More ripened the bananas are, the more the muffins will be moist.
- Do not over stir the final batter, which will activate the gluten in the flour and make muffin harder.
- You can also add chocolate chips and favorite nuts in the batter
- You can use the same batter to make sweet banana bread. It will take approximately 30-40 minutes to bake the bread.
More Banana Recipes