- submitted by Dahlia on 03-18-2008
Corn - 1 cup
Basmati rice - 2 cups
Onion -1 large ( cut lengthwise)
Tomato - 2 (finely chopped)
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Green chilli - 3 nos (chopped)
Oil -3 tblsp
Ghee - 3 tblsp
Coconut milk/Yogurt - 1 cup
Water -3 cups
Salt - to taste
Chilly powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Corrainder leaves - 1/4 cup (chopped)
Mint leaves - 1/4 cup (chopped)
Whole Garam Masala
(Bay leaf - 1, Cinnamon Stick- 2, Cloves -5, Cardamon -3)
1. Soak 2 cups of Basmati rice for atleast half an hour. Drain the water and keep aside.
2. In a heavy deep vessel heat oil and ghee together and fry bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and cardomon.
3. Add onions and saute till golden brown.
4. When onions turn slightly brown add ginger garlic paste and tomatoes. Saute till it becomes a paste.
5. Next add chopped green chilly, chopped corrainder and mint leaves.
6. Now add the corn kernels along with turmeric powder, chilly powder, yogurt/coconut milk and salt. Saute everything until it thickens to a gravy consistency.
7. Add this gravy to the (soaked and drained) rice along with 3 cups of water and mix well. Check for salt and cook it in a rice cooker.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves. Corn Biryani is ready to server.
Enjoy the delicious Corn Biryani. See other Corn Recipes. See other Biryani Recipes.