- Submitted by Dahlia on 18th Mar 2008
(Sweet Corn Biryani, Biryani With Corn)
Recipe For Corn Biryani
Corn - 1 cup
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Onion -1 large ( cut lengthwise)
- Tomato - 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Green chili - 3 nos (chopped)
- Oil -3 tbsp
- Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Coconut milk/Yogurt - 1 cup
- Water -3 cups
- Salt - to taste
- Chilly powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Mint leaves - 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Whole Garam Masala (Bay leaf - 1, Cinnamon Stick- 2, Cloves -5, Cardamon -3)
Soak 2 cups of Basmati rice for at least half an hour. Drain the water and keep aside.
- In a heavy deep vessel heat oil and ghee together and fry bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and cardamon.
- Add onions and saute till golden brown.
- When onions turn slightly brown add ginger garlic paste and tomatoes. Saute till it becomes a paste.
- Next add chopped green chilly, chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Now add the corn kernels along with turmeric powder, chilly powder, yogurt/coconut milk and salt. Saute everything until it thickens to a gravy consistency.
- Add this gravy to the (soaked and drained) rice along with 3 cups of water and mix well. Check for salt and cook it in a rice cooker.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Corn Biryani is ready to server.
More Corn Recipes
More Biryani Recipes