- submitted by Dahlia on 11-16-2011
Fish (Pomfret or any other fish) - 1 lb
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Lemon Juice - 2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp
Red Chilly Powder - 3 tsp (to taste)
Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Corriander Powder (optional) - 2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Rava (Semolina, Sooji) - 3 tblsp
Oil - 3-4 tblsp (for shallow frying)
1. Clean the fish and make a few slits for the spices can get in. You can also cut it into steaks and proceed.
2. In a small bowl, make a paste of lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, red chilly powder, pepper powder, corriander powder and salt.
3. Rub the fish with the paste such that it coats the whole fish. Let this marinate for 15-30 minutes.
4. Take the rava in a plate. Mix little salt and turmeric powder with the rava. You can add some chilly powder too if you like.
5. Heat little oil in a tava or frying pan.
6. Take the fish carefully and roll it in the rava mixture. The fish should be coated on all sides with the rava.
7. Gently place the fish on the hot pan. Fry for about 4 minutes on one side or till the rava turns golden brown.
8. Turn the fish carefully and fry the other side too. Drizzle some oil if needed.
9. The rava forms a cripy layer on the outside. Garnish with lemon wedges and cilantro.
- Serve this as a complete meal with some salad and some bread.
- You can serve this with rice and fish curry.