- submitted by Dahlia on 10-29-2007
(Kalan Varuval, Gucchi Fry)
Mushroom – ½ lb
Onion – 1 ( cut lengthwise)
Red chilli powder - 1tsp
Pepper powder - 1tsp
Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
Garam masala powder -¼ tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Coriander leaves - (for garnishing)
1. Chop the mushroom top to bottom into thin slices to retain the mushroom shape.
2. Now heat oil in a kadai or deep sauce pan, add mustard seeds and curry leaves.When the mustard seeds pop, add the onions. Sauté the onions until they are golden brown.
3.Next add the mushrooms and fry on medium flame for about 6 minutes or until all the mushroom is nicely browned.
4. Now add salt, chilly powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Fry everything for another 2 minutes.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves, split chillies and lemon. Mushroom fry is ready.