- recipe by Rani submitted on 05-03-2008
(Palak Gosht, Spinach Chicken, Murgh Sagwala, Chicken Sagwala, Murgh Palak)
1. Chicken Breast / Turkey Breast - 1 lbs (cut into desired pieces)
2. Corriander powder - 1 tsp
3. Garam masala - 1 tblsp
4. Roasted Cumin Powder -1 tsp
5. Salt - as needed
6. Yogurt - 4 tblsp
7. Ginger Garlic Green Chilly paste - 1 tblsp
1. Fresh Spinach (Palak) - 1/2 packet
2. Green Chilly - 2
3. Salt - 1/2 tblsp
1. Big Onion -1 (finely chopped)
2. Tomato -1 (finely chopped)
3. Nutmeg Powder - 1/4 tsp
4. Oil/Butter- 2tblsp
1.Mix all the ingredients from batch -1 and let it rest for 1/2 hour.
2. Wash the spinach and Microwave Batch -2 in little water for 2-3 minutes and allow it to cool.
3. Heat oil/butter in a deep vessel and saute onions until golden grown.
4. Add the tomatoes and saute until it comes as a gravy.
5. Now add the Batch-1 marinated chicken into the pan and little water.
6. Let it boil until chicken is cooked.
7. Now grind the cooked spinach in the blender by adding little water to get a paste.
8. Add the spinach paste and nutmeg powder into the chicken pan.
9. Let it cook fo 5 more minutes.
10. Now garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
11. Serve it with hot chapathi,parrota or any fried rice.
- You can also add tomato puree instead of diced tomatoes to have thick gravy.
- For extra richness, add a tblsp of butter and 2 tblsp of heavy cream to the gravy at the very end.
- Using the same recipe, you could also make mutton sagwala (palak mutton)