-Submitted by Priya on 8th Aug 2008
(Potato Pilaf, Veg Potato Pulao, Aloo Pulao, Aloo Rice Recipe, Aloo Pulao)
- Rice-2 cups(160 ml electric rice cooker cup)
- Onion-1 1/2
- Potato (red potato look good) - 5 nos(small size chopped in small pieces)
- Ginger-1.5" piece (grated)
- Cumin seeds - 1 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 2 tsp
- Garam masala -2 tsp
- Green chilies - 3 (you could also use Jalapeno peppers too)
- Lemon juice - juice from 1 & 1/2 lemons
- Cilantro - handful
- Curry leaves - 2-3 strands
- Cook the rice separately and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a wide vessel and splutter some cumin seeds.
- Saute the onions, green chilies & ginger.
- Add finely chopped cilantro & curry leaves.
- Add chopped potato and cumin powder. Mix it, cover and cook.
- After the potato is well cooked, mix the cooked rice and garam masala.
- Add salt and lemon juice.
- At last add finely chopped cilantro and switch off.
- Instead of cooked rice, you could add thick poha (aval) and make aval upma (batata powa) and serve with mint chutney for a quick breakfast, brunch or dinner.
- You could also add some peanuts for some added crunch.
More Potato Recipes
More Pulao and Biryani Recipes