- Submitted by Dahlia on 19th May 2008
(Red Cabbage Thoran, Laal Bundh Gobhi ki Subzi, Red Muttaikos Poriyal)
Spicy red cabbage stir fry is a quick sabzi made with purple or red cabbage that makes an excellent side dish with rice or roti. This Indian style of red cabbage stir fry preparation helps you to intake the cancer preventing nutrients of red cabbage in your diet.
Recipe For Making Red Cabbage Stir Fry
- Red Cabbage - 1/2 (shredded)
- Dry red chillies - 3
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal - 2 tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - 5-6
Sesame seeds - for garnish
- Salt - as needed
Heat oil in a pan, splatter the mustard seeds, dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add the urad dal and let it cook in low flame for 2 minutes. See that it doesn't get burnt.
Add the cabbage and required salt and mix everything.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes. No need of adding water since we need crunchy cabbage.
Remove the lid and toss everything together for 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with some toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve the spicy red cabbage stir fry with rice or chapatti.
More Cabbage Recipes