- submitted by Dahlia on 05-19-2008
(Red Cabbage Thoran, Laal Bundh Gobhi ki Subzi, Muttaikos Poriyal)
Red Cabbage - 1/2 (shredded)
Dry red chillies - 3
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 2 tblsp
Oil - 1 tblsp
Curry leaves - 5-6
Sesame seeds - for garnish
Salt - as needed
1. Heat oil in a pan, splatter the mustard seeds, dry red chillies and curry leaves.
2. Add the urad dal and let it cook in low flame for 2 minutes. See that it doesnt get burnt.
3. Add the cabbage and required salt and mix everything.
4. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes. No need of adding water since we need crunchy cabbage.
5. Remove the lid and toss everything together for 1-2 minutes.
6. Garnish with some toasted sesame seeds. Serve with rice or chappatti.