- recipe by Rani submitted on 01-20-2008
(Mutta Curry, Muttai Kurma, Ande ki Curry)
Eggs - 6
Tomatoes - 2
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
Corriander powder - 2 tsp
Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - 5
Cilantro - for garnish
Oil - 2 tblsp
Salt - to taste
1. Hard boil 5 eggs
. After it is cool enough to handle, crack and remove the shell, cut it into halves and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, splutter some mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
3. Fry the onions and ginger garlic paste until golden brown.
4. Add the tomatoes and cook till it becomes soft.
5. Add chilly powder, turmeric powder, corriander powder, garam masala and fry till everything blends and forms a nice paste.
6. Add water as needed, cover and let the gravy come to a boil.
7. Add the hard boiled eggs to the gravy and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
8. Break a raw egg into the gravy. Mix everything together, cover and let it simmer until the gravy becomes thick and the egg is cooked. This induces the egg flavour throughout the gravy.
9. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with rice or roti.
- Fried coconut can be ground to a paste and added to the gravy along with the spices for added richness.
Some other recipes with EGG.