- Submitted by Dahlia
(Creamy Chicken Sandwich)
Jump to recipe ↓
Sandwiches are one of the quickest things that you can make after a busy day. Todays Chicken Mayo Sandwich is one of my favorite recipes. As I have mentioned before, I keep cooked and shredded chicken in my freezer most of the time. So making this sandwich is a jiffy. However, I am sharing the recipe to make from scratch here.
This Chicken and Mayonnaise Sandwich tastes great even when it is cold. So you can give it for yous kids lunch box. I have also seen my friends making this sandwich for Kids birthday party, picnics and playdates. Kids love this creamy tasty sandwich. So here's the recipe.
Recipe for Chicken Mayo Sandwich
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Shredded Chicken (or chicken pieces) - 3/4 cup
- Bread Slices - 4
- Mayonnaise - 4 tbsp
- Yellow Mustard Sauce - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Crushed Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro (chopped) - about 1/4 cup
- If you have a big piece of chicken, boil it in some water. Shred it after it cools and use this.
- The second option is to stir fry the chicken boneless pieces. For this, heat oil in a pan and add the chicken pieces. Add salt and some pepper. Saute for about 7 minutes till it get cooked.
- Take this cooked chicken pieces in a bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard sauce, salt, pepper and chopped coriander leaves (cilantro) with it.
- Take a bread slice and spread this mix on it. I usually don't toast the bread for making this sandwich.
- Top with another slice of bread and press together.
- Cut into half and serve.
Serving Chicken Mayo Sandwich
- Serve this sandwich with tomato ketchup, chili sauce or mint chutney.
- If you are not a fan of mustard sauce, you can skip it.
- Also, if you like some crunch in the sandwich, add some chopped onions, celery, lettuce, cabbage or some almonds to the chicken while making sandwich.
More Sandwich Recipes