- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Tender Coconut Rice Pudding)
Sometimes, we think twice before wasting a particular item. You can make some best dishes out of the unwanted. After drinking the tender coconut water, some people throw the tender flesh (malai). This can be used to make a tasty desert. Try and enjoy this simple yet delicious recipe.
Recipe For Tender Coconut Phirni
- Chopped tender coconut flesh - 1 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Rice powder - 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - 2 pinches
- Saffron - few strands
- Water - 1 cup
- Dry fruits and nuts - for garnishing
- Take a bowl and mix the rice powder with water until there are no lumps.
- Take a thick bottomed vessel or kadai and pour this mixture in it.
- Switch on and heat while stirring continuously.
- When it comes to boil, add the tender coconut, milk, sugar and saffron strands.
- Keep stirring till the mixture becomes thick.
- Add the cardamom powder and remove from the vessel. Pour into serving bowls.
- Garnish with dry fruits and cool it. Serve chilled.
It is a nice sweet dish. Sugar amount can be increased according to your taste. Generally, phirni will have a mild sweetness only.
More Tender Coconut Recipes