- Submitted by Ivana
(Date Cake, Eggless Dates Cake, Sugarless Dates Cake, Whole Wheat Dates Cake)
Jump to recipe ↓
We bake a lot of cake at home. Kids really love homemade cakes. So I often try to make healthier versions of cake for regular snacking. I’ve already shared healthy chocolate cake recipe.
Today I want to share another such healthy cake recipe that is made with whole wheat flour. The cake has no butter, no refined sugar, no eggs and no refined flour. Date is the star ingredients which also sweetens the cake. This can be made with few ingredients and is very tasty. Do try it out.
Recipe For Dates Cake
Preparation Time: 30 minutes (including waiting time)
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Dates – 1 cup (deseeded)
- Hot Milk – ½ cup
- Oil – 1/3 cup
- Curd – ¼ cup
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – ¼ tsp
- Walnuts – ¼ cup (chopped)
- Dates – ¼ cup (chopped)
- Soak the dates in the hot milk for about 30 minutes. This will soften the dates.
- Grind it to a smooth puree in a mixie.
- Take this puree in a mixing bowl. Add the wet ingredients – oil & curd to it. Mix well.
- Sieve the dry ingredients – wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda to remove any lumps. This step also make it lighter.
- Add this to the wet ingredients. Mix using a spatula just until it is all combined.
- Mix in the chopped walnuts and dates with this batter. Reserve some to add on top of the cake.
- Pour this batter in a 7” cake pan or loaf pan. Line the cake pan with parchment paper or prepare it with oil and flour.
- Tap the cake pan. Add the reserved chopped walnuts and dates on top.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degree C for about 35-45 minutes. Check using a toothpick if it is cooked.
- Cool the cake before slicing it.
More Cake Recipes