- Submitted by Dahlia
(Vanilla Sponge Cake, Light & Fluffy Sponge Cake)
Jump to recipe ↓
Hot milk cake is a super spongey that is really light and fluffy. It is great to be had with evening tea or to be used for layering like in trifles etc.
I’ve baked it in a loaf pan but you can also use a round cake pan.
Recipe For Hot Milk Sponge Cake
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 1 cup
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – ½ cup (If you like it sweeter, make it ¾ cup)
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Milk – ½ cup
- Oil – ¼ cup
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Sieve all purpose flour with baking powder and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the eggs and sugar until nice and fluffy. The egg mixture should be light, creamy and pale in colour.
- Mix oil and vanilla extract with this.
- Mix the dry ingredients with this.
- Heat the milk with the butter. Mix this slowly with the batter. The cake batter is slightly liquidy than regular cake batters.
- Bake at 180 degree oven for about 40 minutes.
- Server the hot milk sponge cake as it is with a cup of tea or coffer as an evening snack.
- You can also have it along with a seasonal fruit drizzled with honey.
More Cake Recipes