- recipe by Sabina submitted on 09-04-2008
The recipe is a simple eggless sponge cake recipe flavoured with peaches. Even other fruits like pineapple, pear, plum, strawberries, mandrin orange, almonds
etc can be used instead of peaches. The same recipe can be used to make eggless chocolate cake
by adding 1/4-1/2 cup of cocoa powder to the cake batter. Different types of froastings can be applied for different flavours.
Condensed milk/Evaporated milk/ Milkmaid - 1/2 tin
All purpose flour - 2 cup
Butter - 1 cup (2 sticks, unsalted)
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Sodium Bicarbonate(Baking Soda) - 1/2tsp
Vanilla Essence - 1tsp
Water /Soda - 1/2 cup
Peach - 1 tin
Cream - 200gms (7 oz)
Jam - 2tbsp (optional)
Icing sugar -4 tbsp
Cashewnut - 1 cup (roasted, unsalted)
1. Seperate the liquid and peaches from the can. Except for 4-5 chop the rest of the peaches into small pieces.
2. Dice the cashew in small pieces.
3. Bring the butter to room temperature by keeping it in a warm place for an hour.
1. In a big mixing bowl, mix the butter and condensed milk(wet ingredients).
2. Mix the maida(all purpose flour) with baking pwd seperately (dry ingredients).
3. Now mix the wet and dry ingredients together until it is mixed nicely without any lumps. You can mix by hand or use a hand mixer to do this.
4. Next add the vanilla essence and 1/2 cup of water/soda and whisk nicely.
5. Pour this cake mixture into a buttered and floured baking dish.
6. Bake it for 30 min in 400(200 C) degree oven.
7. Prick the cake using a toothpick to see if the cake is ready. If the cake is ready the toothpick will come out clean.
8. If done take it out of the oven and cool it nicely before applying the frosting.
1. Whisk together the cream using a whisk or using a hand blender until stiff peaks are formed.
2. Mix the icing sugar and vanilla essence to this to make the frosting.
3. When the cake cools down nicely, pour some of the liquid from the peach tin.
4. When it absorbs all the liquid, add some more to make it soft.
5. Now cut the cake laterally from the center into 2 halves.
6. On the lower half apply frosting then sprinkle some cut peach pieces and cashew pieces.
7. Now place the other half on top of this.
8. Apply jam on the outer section of the whole cake.
9. Apply rest of the frosting on the top and sides of the cake.
10.Sprinkle the rest of the cashew and peach pieces.
11. Yummy peach cake is ready to serve. Looks like a big recipe, but believe it, very easy to make.