- Submitted by Dahlia
(Ponir Sandwich, Panir Sandwich)
Jump to recipe ↓
Paneer Sandwich is a healthy and filling meal option. It is a great vegetarian sandwich. It is loaded with vegetables. I have used green chutney and Indian spices to flavour it. Alternatively, you can add oregano, basil and other mixed herbs. Do try this out if you can get French Loaf in your local bakery. Of course you can make this sandwich with normal loaves too. The non-veg variation of this sandwich is with shredded hard boiled eggs. Either way it tastes amazing.
Recipe For Paneer Sandwich
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: NIL
- French Loaf – 1 loaf
- Paneer – 200 gms (crumbled)
- Lettuce – 1-2 cups (shredded)
- Salt, Amchoor Powder, Cumin Powder, Red Chili Powder, Chaat Masala & Pepper – to taste
- Green chutney – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1 (sliced thinly)
- Capsicum – ½ (sliced)
- Tomato – 1 (sliced)
- Cucumber – 1 (sliced)
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cut the French loaf lengthwise carefully with a bread knife. Scoop out some of the bread in the middle to add the stuffing. You can use it for making bread crumbs.
- Take the crumbled paneer in a bowl. Mix salt, pepper, red chili powder, cumin powder, chaat masala and amchoor powder (dry mango powder) as per your taste. Keep this aside. If you want to add an extra punch, mix in 1 tbsp of some Indian pickle with this. Make this paneer mix very flavourful.
- On the bottom part of the loaf, spread the green chutney. On top of this add the crumbled paneer.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top. Sprinkle some chaat masala and pepper on top.
- Now add the sliced onion, sliced tomato, cucumber and shredded lettuce on top.
- Finally place the upper half of the loaf and press together.
- You can wrap the whole sandwich in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour before serving. This gives a chance for the flavors to blend as well as the sandwich to hold its shape. Slice and enjoy.
More Sandwich Recipes