- Submitted by Dahlia
Jump to recipe ↓
Pickled beets and onions in vinegar is a quick preparation with this otherwise not so preferred vegetable. The pickle is delicious and can be had as a snack or as a side for roti, shawarma or parathas.
Usually beetroots are avoided by everyone. This kind of preparation will make everyone enjoy it. Do try it out.
Recipe For Pickled Beets and Onion
- Small Onions – 10
- Green Chilies – 5
- Beetroot – ½
- Water – ½ cup
- Vinegar – ½ cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Take around 10 small onions, peel and clean it. Cut half a beetroot into small pieces. Take around 5 green chilies and slit in half.
- Put all these in a clean and dry glass bottle.
- Boil around 1/2 cup water. Add 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp sugar to this.
- After the water cools down, add it to the bottle. Add 1/2 cup vinegar too. The liquid should submerge the vegetables completely.
- Close the bottle and let it rest for minimum 1-2 days before consuming. All the flavours will blend well.
- You can adjust the ingredients as per your taste.
- This pickle can be made with only onions or only beetroots.
- Pickled Beets & Onions go well with roti, tandoori chicken or shawarma.
- It can also be used as part of the stuffing in making wraps or to flavour pastas.
More Beets Recipes