- Submitted by Dahlia on 2nd Mar 2011
- Eggs - as needed
Salt - 1 tsp
- Put the eggs in a sauce pan and fill with cold water. The water should cover the eggs.
- Add a tsp of salt and bring it to a boil. The salt prevents the egg from cracking and also helps in easy peeling.
- Let the eggs boil for about 2-5 minutes (depending on the number of eggs). Do not overcook the eggs.
- Switch off and cover with a lid. Let it rest for 15 minutes before peeling.
- After the resting period transfer the eggs to cold water and start peeling.
- The hard boiled eggs can be used immediately or stored for later use.
- Hard boiled eggs are commonly used as a sidedish for biriyani in South India.
- It can be used to make egg curry, egg kurma, egg bonda or egg masala.
- You can use it and make egg salads.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper powder and serve as a lite breakfast with a cup of coffee.
More Egg Recipes