- submitted by Dahlia on 08-20-2009
(Fenugreek Leaves Pulav, Vendaya Keerai Sadam)
Basmati Rice - 2 cups
Fenugreek Leaves (Methi) - 1 bunch (You can also use dried kasoori methi instead)
Green Chillies - 3 (finely chopped)
Yogurt - 2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Corriander Powder - 1 tsp
Cumin/ Fennel Powder - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tblsp
Salt - as needed
Water - 3.5 cups
1. Soak the rice for 15 minutes, drain it and keep it aside.
2. Seperate the fenugreek leaves and wash it nicely.
3. Heat oil in a pan and splutter the cumin seeds.
4. Add the green chillies, turmeric powder, corriander powder and cumin powder. Saute for a minute.
5. Add the fenugreek leaves (methi) and saute for a minute.
6. Add the rice and fry it along with everything for one minute.
7. Add the yogurt, exact amount of water and required salt. Mix everything together.
8. Cook till the rice is completely done. You can cook it in a rice cooker, pressure cooker or stove top.
9. Serve with raita, potato chips and pickle.