- Submitted by Dahlia
(One Pot Meat Rice & Vegetable Casserole)
Jump to recipe ↓
Broccoli rice & meat casserole is a simple, quick and tasty one-pot meal filled with ground meat, broccoli, rice and topped with cheese.
Recipe for Broccoli Rice & Meat Casserole
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1.5 hours
- Broccoli – 1 flower
- Rice – ¾ cup
- Any Minced Meat (ground meat) (Chicken / Mutton / Beef) – 250 gms
- Onion – 1
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- All purpose flour (Maida) – 2 tbsp
- Yogurt (Crd) – ¼ cup
- Water/ Chicken Stock – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Dried Parsley – ¾ tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Red Pepper Flakes – ½ tsp
- Crushed Black Peppercons – ½ tsp
- Cheddar Cheese (Grated) – 1 cup
- Wash the rice. Wash the broccoli and chop it into tiny florets.
- Heat a big pot with 4-5 cups of water. Add some salt and add the washed rice.
- Cook for about 5 minutes till the rice is partially cooked. Add the broccoli and cook for another minute.
- Drain the excess liquid using a colander and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a big pot, add the chopped onions and garlic. Saute for a minute till it sweats.
- Add the minced meat, salt and crushed black pepper. Saute for 5-7 minutes till all the moisture dries up and the meat is cooked.
- Add the flour, mix together and cook for a minute.
- Add the yogurt, milk and water (or stock) to this. Keep stirring while it comes to a boil. The sauce starts thickening.
- Add red pepper flakes, dried parsley and half of the grated cheese. Also add the partially cooked rice and broccoli. Mix well and switch off.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish 8*8 square or a 12” round. Cover with an aluminium foil and cook in a 350 degree F (180 C) oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil, sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Cook uncovered for the next 20 minutes. The whole mixture turns golden brown and bubbly.
- Let the casserole rest for 5-10 minute before digging in.
- Broccoli rice and meat casserole can be had all by itself. You don't need anything for side.
More Broccoli Recipes
More American Recipes