- Submitted by Dahlia on 17th Dec 2008
(Indo Chinese Broccoli Manchurian Dry Dish, Broccoli Manchurian Recipe)
Batch - 1
Broccoli - 1 lb of florets
- All purpose flour-2 tbsp
- Corn flour - 1.5 cups ( or as needed)
- Chilly powder -1 tbsp
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Water- 1 1/2 cup (or as needed to make a thick batter)
Batch - 2
Garlic - 3-4 cloves (finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1"(finely chopped)
- Tomato sauce - 3 tbsp
- Chilly sauce - 1-2 tbsp
- Soy sauce - 3 tbsp
- Ajinomoto - 1 tsp (optional)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
Mix all the ingredients from batch-1 except broccoli florets to form a thick batter (similar to bajji batter). Add water little at the time while making the paste. This will prevent the formation of lumps.
- Dip the florets in the batter to coat it completely and deep fry in oil. Drain excess oil on the paper towel.
- Heat some oil in a non stick pan. Saute the finely chopped ginger and garlic. (Optionally you can also saute sliced onions, coloured peppers and other veggies with this).
- Add the tomato sauce, chilli sauce, soy sauce, ajinomoto and mix everything.
- Finally toss the fried broccoli florets with the sauce.
- Garnish with finely chopped green onions and serve.
- If you plan to make the dish ahead of time, toss the fried broccoli florets with the sauce in the last. This will prevent it from becoming soggy.
More Broccoli Recipes