- Submitted by Dahlia
Jump to recipe ↓
Carrot Raita or Gajar Ka Raita is a delicious accompaniment made with humble ingredients that are mostly present every time. Most common raita made is the onion raita. However, tasty raitas can be made with different vegetables. One such option is this Carrot Raita.
You can make carrot raits with just grated carrots and beaten curd. If you want to make it extra tasty, add some additional ingredients like chaat masala, cumin powder and a flavourful tempering.
During my college days, tomato rice used to be served with carrot raita in my hostel on all Wednesdays. Initially I felt it was a weird combo but over the years I started enjoying it. Do try out the combo and leave your comments.
Recipe For Carrot Raita
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: Nil
- Carrots – 4 (grated)
- Curd – 2 cups (beaten)
- Green Chili -1 (finely chopped)
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black Salt / Chaat Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Wash and peel the carrot and grate them. Chop the green chili finely.
- Beat the curd to make it smooth. Add little milk (1 tbsp) and a pinch of sugar while whisking. This will enhance the taste of the final raita.
- Take the grated carrots, finely chopped green chili in a bowl. Add salt, cumin powder and chaat masala as per your taste.
- Finally add the beaten curd and mix together. Delicious raita is ready.
- If you want to still enhance the flavour, add a seasoning of mustard seeds and asafoetida in little oil and mix with the raita.
- Chill the raita and serve for best taste.
- Carrot Raita goes well with rotis, parathas and pulao. It can also be had as a salad or dip.
More Raita Recipes
More Carrot Recipes