- Submitted by Dahlia on 7th Jul 2008
(Mint Coriander Chutney, Cilantro Chutney, Chaat Green Chutney)
Recipe for Green Chutney
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: NIL
- Mint leaves - 2 cups
- Cilantro (Coriander Leaves) - 2 cups
- Onion - 1/4
- Lemon juice - 1 or 2 tbsp
- Green Chilies - 10-12
- Cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Combine all the ingredients and grind to a smooth paste in a blender or mixie. (Do not use any water for grinding or use very little water. The moisture from the onions, cilantro and the lemon juice should be sufficient for grinding.)
- Use immediately. Refrigerate or freeze the left overs and use as required.
- If you do not like the raw smell of onion in the chutney, just add 1/2 of a green bell pepper (capsicum) instead.
- The other option is to use 1/2 of a green apple. Both of these gives a good flavor to the chutney.
- You can make this chutney in bulk and put it in ice tray. After it is frozen, put the chutney cubes in a ziploc bag in the freezer. This way you can take a cube and use it whenever needed.
More Chutney Recipes